Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thankful

Today marks a year since Christian was admitted into the hospital  for dehydration following his adenoidectomy and tube surgery and then a bout of strep.  It was a very stressful time.  He wouldn't eat or drink and was very listless.  It isn't often one of my boys refuses food!!!

Ross was hospitalized a few years ago following a severe asthma attack.  He even arrived at the hospital via ambulance from the doctor's office.  I had been giving him breathing treatments and puffs of his inhaler but those weren't making his breathing any easier.  That was a very scary time.

Every time one of my children has been sick or physically hurt, I couldn't help but think of countless families who live with a terminally ill child.  I can't imagine the emotional, physical, and financial toll it takes on parents and siblings.  I am so thankful that my boys are healthy.  Even though the hospital stays were painful to go through, I praise God for them because it helps me realize how good we have it.  It made me count my blessings!

1 comment: