Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013

Today is the first day of 2013.  January 1st.  I am feeling especially optimistic as we begin the new year.  My family has a lot of special events happening in the first half of 2013.

January marks the return of David's "normal" retail schedule.  It will be very nice for us to get back to normal.  I always breathe a sigh of relief as the holiday season leaves us.  We got through another one!  This last one was our 16th.  It was a little easier on us because David's store had more employees than in the past.  Ross also starts art classes on Thursday afternoons.  We look forward to seeing his talent flourish.

The first weekend of February, the boys and I will be travelling to Southern California to attend my grandmother's 80th birthday party at the Grand Californian Hotel in Downtown Disneyland.  This will be quite an adventure for me doing it without David.  We will stay two nights at the hotel and another two nights at my grandmother's house in San Juan Capistrano.  We'll hit Disneyland on Saturday, attend her party that night, eat at a character breakfast on Sunday morning and then travel down to San Juan.  We will be visiting with my mom's sister, my Aunt Nancy,  and her husband Bob, and also with my cousin, Annie and family on Sunday evening.  Annie has three boys as well.  We will be having dinner at my Aunt's house.  This could potentially be one loud house!  I look forward to taking a picture of the six boys so my grandfather can have one.  It isn't often our spread out family gets together.  The next day I hope to get the boys to the Pacific Ocean and rest some before our return flight back to Monroe on Tuesday.  I am already tired from this upcoming weekend!

In March, David and I will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary with a vow renewal/anniversary party.  We will be having it in my parent's backyard.  And if it rains.....it will be just like our wedding day 15 years ago.  We hope to share that day with family and friends.

I will be turning 40 (!) in April.  I pray that I meet this milestone with grace and dignity.  

May will mark the end of a very successful school year for the boys.  Ethan and Ross are such great students.  Ethan transitioned well into middle school.  In fact, this month he is one of three sixth grade students of the month.  Ross is dedicated to school work.  He is harder on himself than we are on him.  David and I are fortunate to have boys who have self-discipline when it comes to school.  We hope Christian follows suit!  In the Spring we will try to enroll Christian into pre-k for the Fall.  The pre-k his brothers attended is now using a lottery system.  We sure hope he gets in.  Next August could mean a big change for us if he does.  All three boys in school M-F???  What would that be like?

I plan to blog on a "regular" basis .... I look forward to your comments and especially encouragement for this mom of three boys!


Happy New Year to you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment