Wednesday, February 13, 2013

California

I had been dreading my trip to California for my grandmother's 80th birthday party for months.  In large part due to David not being able to go.  I was terrified of traveling with three kids by myself.  The upcoming trip weighed me down from October to January.

I am happy to report that the trip went much smoother than I had anticipated.  We survived going through airport security without a hitch.  In fact, most airport employees I came in contact with were very nice.  I am sure they went out of their way to be friendly since they saw I was traveling alone with the boys.

Ethan would have stayed in California for much longer if we could have arranged it.  The trip was a day longer than Ross would have preferred.  Christian stole the hearts of his California relatives.  He was a trooper walking Disneyland for eight hours and partying until midnight for his great grandma's birthday both on the same day.

We had a few hiccups.  A woman passed out on our flight from DFW to Orange County.  This caused quite a bit of excitement.  In the early morning hours before our return flights home, Ross suffered an asthma attack.  He had been clear of his asthma for three years.  I had no medicine to give him and didn't know if I should put him on an airplane or get him to a hospital.  It cleared enough after he sat in the bathroom with hot steam and we got him to the doctor when we got home.  Ethan and Ross had a hard few days trying to catch up on school work even though I tried my best to work with their teachers to allow them to do some of their work before our trip.  Their work load is back to normal now.  Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment