Friday, January 4, 2013

And the 2012 Family Game Night Winner is......

Towards the end of 2011, I decided to institute a family game night.  I thought doing it once a month would be achievable.  Family game night is typically held the first Friday night of the month.  We take turns choosing the game.  A lot of the time Christian and I play as a team because the game is too hard for him.

I usually cook something the boys really like for dinner, have a cute/fun dessert, and we end game night with a movie.  My boys love it.  They really look forward to it.  David and I do too.

For 2012 I decided to keep a record of who chose the game, what game was chosen, and who won.  I thought it would be fun to see which family member won the most Family Game Nights and then award them at the end of the year.  Much to Ethan and Ross' dismay, I was the 2012 Newberry Family Game Night winner!  I bought myself a trophy at the Dollar Store and it sits proudly above my kitchen sink.  I will be passing that on in twelve months.  It will be fun to see who wins the second year.  The boys and David decided that we should also put a gift card on the table for the next winner and Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt was the majority vote.  Nothing is unanimous in this family.  We have one kid who will go against the flow just to go against the flow......

I am really happy that the family digs our game night as much as they do.  I did good!

No comments:

Post a Comment